We bleach it, we shave it, we wax it. Many people have some form or another of unwanted body hair, which prompts us to looking into waxing and hair removal processes. This list of frequently asked questions is intended to help you make the best decisions about waxing and hair removal.
Should I attempt to wax my own body hair, or should I enlist the help of a professional?
- Saving money, especially if you plan on waxing your own body hair on a regular basis
- Reduced travel time
- You won’t have to be naked (or nearly naked) in front of a stranger
- Learning how to wax can be fun
- You get to choose the brand of wax you use
- You’ll have more control over the waxing process
- Having a professional remove your body hair often shaves time off of the procedure itself
- Estheticians are trained in techniques that can reduce your discomfort and healing time
- If you won’t be waxing regularly, a salon or spa could possibly save you money
- You won’t have to bend yourself into a pretzel for the hard-to-reach places
- Estheticians have access to higher quality waxes that are not available to the general public
- You won’t have to research waxing and hair removal techniques and tools.
What kind of wax should I use?
How should I go about choosing an esthetician?
I have a cut in the area I'm having hair removed. Can I have the service anyway?
Are there any health concerns that I should be aware of?
There are many points to consider when deciding how to go about waxing and hair removal. The best thing you can do for yourself is to know up front what your priorities and goals are, then work from there.