Sweating is a natural process of the body by which it considerably helps cool down the body temperature. Especially during the summers where the temperatures can soar high it is important that the body constantly perspires. Apart from this, sweating is also a form of excretion that allows the body to throw away toxins that can’t get out through the other excretory systems. With that said it can be agreed that sweating is an important function of the body. So why would you want to stop sweating? As the common saying goes “too much of anything is a bad thing” too much sweat can actually make the body start smelling as sweat carries a foul odor that can make you smell like a wet towel.
While it is very common amongst men, women too are affected by excessive sweating. So if you are on the lookout for answers to how to stop sweating then this is the right place for you to be.
Sweating as already mentioned is a natural process and you can’t wish or hope to completely stop sweating as it can have adverse effects on the body. The only thing that is possible is to reduce the amount of perspiration in the body. Some common parts of the body where you might experience excessive sweating are the armpits, neck, palms, sole of the feet etc. and one way to stop this excessive sweating is by keeping your body cool by taking frequent showers. However, after a shower your body might start developing heat again and it is important that you know how to control your body temperature.
Here are a few ways in which you can keep your body heat under control.
- Discourage any physical overexertion of the body.
- Keep away from the sun and try and rest in cool, shady places.
- Keep your mind relaxed as it helps a great deal in keeping your body calm.
- Drink cold liquids from time to time to keep your body heat under control.
- Avoid wearing dark coloured clothes that absorb heat thereby increasing your body temperature.
- Avoid tight fitting clothes as it does not allow proper flow of air around the skin.
- Allowing the sweat to evaporate faster is important and this can be achieved by wearing good quality clothes made of cotton or other sweat absorbing material.
- On a hot day it is always recommended that you shower regularly. This can go a long way in keeping your body cool.
Hyperhidrosis is a condition in which people suffer from extreme perspiration. How to stop sweating if you are suffering from this condition? Here are a few tips that you can follow.
- Use of antiperspirants. It is obvious that many of you might have tried several of the antiperspirants available in the market today. If you are suffering from hyperhidrosis then it is recommended that you use antiperspirants with Aluminium Chloride in it.
- If these antiperspirants do not work you, visit a doctor who may prescribe drugs based on the severity of the condition.
- Anticholinergic have gone a long way in treatment of excessive sweating and these are oral drugs that can help control the sweat glands.
- You can also opt for the microwave treatment that uses a microwave to destroy some of the sweat glands present in the particular part of the body.
Most of the above said methods have been proven and tested methods that have helped several hundreds of people who spent sleepless nights worrying on how to stop sweating.