Here are a few hair care tips that should ensure your hair remains healthy and great looking all the time. For you to have great looking and healthy hair, you have to observe a healthy lifestyle. Smoking, failing to exercise regularly, poor diet and overworking yourself would all ensure that you always have bad hair days.
- Proper sleep; this ensures that your body gets to relax and rebuild on the damaged cells.It also makes you wake up strong and with vitality to face the day. Sleeping right has a positive effect on the scalp and hair cells.
- Hair products; ensure that you avoid the use of products that contain alcohol in them as they make your hair become dry and tough.Your hair will lose that shine/glow look.
- Do not clog your pores; do not use the hair products directly on your scalp as this tends to clog your pores on the scalp. When you clog your pores, this kills the scalp cells and the result is formation of dandruff.
- Swimming; when go for swimming; ensure that you first wet your hair using normal water before entering the pool. Pool water normally contains chlorine which messes with your scalp by making it dry. You should also wear a swimming cap to protect your hair from the chlorine.If you fail to wear a cap, you should shampoo and condition your hair after you are through with the swimming.
- Drying; the use of a hair drier causes damage to your hair, you should there fore use a cool setting when drying it.
- Blow drier; this should be kept at a good distant from your hair.Note also that you should not keep it on a particular spot for long as these damages your hair. An important tip is to use a towel so as to speed up the drying process.
- Combing; avoid combing hair when wet as this may break your hair, also comb using downward strokes to protect your scalp from strain.
- Always use clean combs and brushes. Wash them regularly by use of shampoo and soap.